Sunday, July 31, 2011

Dallas, Texas.... Boston, Massachusetts

So iv never been paged for a flight, until now... Our flight from Syd was delayed so they told us we would be boarding at 2pm for a 2.30pm flight, so we decided to go and get some food, we got yum cha that was ridiculously expensive, and the woman who served us was an absolute mole.. Anyway we thought we still had half an hour to get back then heard our name over the loud speaker, as a final boarding call! We ran our asses down and obviously made the flight. Walking down to our seats I had a guy stare me down, make eye contact, look at his watch then shake his head.. After us there was like another 10 people so that guy can go jump.

Flight was pretty uneventful (for 16 hours) I watched a few movies, a couple of docks and some stand up comedy, tried to get some sleep, but there was no chance of that, I just sat there with my eyes closed for a while.. Kat and I took some photos of people sleeping.. :-)

Just on our descent into Dallas, and I have just put my shoes back on, OMG my feet are so fat and painful. we are almost an hour late, so it's going to be a mad rush to make our next flight. We have to get off the plane, get our bags, go through customs, re-check our bags, and find our way back to the terminal for our next flight, going to be tough with about an hour 15 to do it.

It has just ticked over 2pm local time, it's about 5am at home, my body is so confused!
Hello customs..
So we missed our flight thanks to an hour flight delay, customs and security checks. Were told we had to get ourselves re booked on a flight our options were one of us could go tonight and then the other 2 tomorrow or all of us tomorrow, which we did and were told we would receive hotel vouchers because of the delay. We went straight to the hotel ( like we were told) they looked at us like we were idiots when we expected a room.. So we were told to go back to the airport to get vouchers, we left our bags so we didn't have to lug them around..

Back at the checkin desk to get vouchers, and she tells us there is a flight in 50 mins that she can fit us on! But that we would need to check our bags in the next 10 mins. So we left our carry on bags with angela at the checkin counter and Kat and I amazing raced that shit, we ran to the hotel, only to find out there is 2 Hyatt's at the airport, and we had run to the wrong one. Airport bus to right one, grab our bags back on the bus and back to the checkin., just made it!

We then ran to the terminal, then the flight was delayed about 45 mins.. Not happy. Finally got on the flight about 6.30pm, we were all in separate seats, I got stuck on the window next to a seriously annoying couple. Longest 4 hour flight ever.

Finally made it to Boston at about 11pm local time, grabbed our bags, found a PowerPoint and sat on the floor with the laptop trying to find a hotel. We planned on doing it in Dallas but because of the delays etc we didn't have time. We called about 6 different hotels, struggled to find anything, in the end we went out front and grabbed an airport shuttle to a hotel, turns out there is some massive conference on in Boston, this week.. Finally got a room at a really nice place, though it's costing us $250 per night + tax which makes it almost $300 per night.. Over budget but at least we have a bed...

There is a 24 hour supermarket across the road so we grabbed some supplies and ended up in bed about 4am local time.

No comments:

Post a Comment